New preview patch for ipfw to pfil_hooks conversion

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Jun 22 09:23:55 GMT 2004

Maxim Konovalov <maxim at macomnet.ru> writes:
> In fact, our real world tests shown the current -CURRENT comparing to
> RELENG_5_2 is in a very bad shape.

You'll have to substantiate that.  All *my* real world tests show that
-CURRENT is a lot more stable and functional than RELENG_5_2.

>                                     Is it really worth to commit that
> mostly cleanup code before say 6-CURRENT with a chance to
> destabilizate -CURRENT a bit more?

It is not simply cleanup, it is very important and long-expected
cleanup.  Delaying it until after the branch will only make matters
worse, by accelerating code drift between HEAD and 5-STABLE.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no