_<service> users [Was: startup error for pflogd]

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Tue Jun 22 00:41:57 GMT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Max Laier wrote:
> Okay, let's talk about this then: Any strong optionions one way or the other?
>
> I think this is a bikeshed. There is no technical argument (to my knowledge)
> that suggests either. My vote is for "_<service>" to keep the diff down, but
> that is not an argument of course. Others have said that it:
> - helps to recognize system processes
> - helps to see "bad things" happening (1000 _pflogd is not a good sign)
> - resolves possible namespace problems

One technical argument could be that _<service> users would look like
RFC2782 DNS-SRV entries.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com