USB Mouse not working on Thinkpad R40, works under WinXP

Tai-hwa Liang avatar at mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw
Mon Jun 21 09:11:03 GMT 2004

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Anish Mistry wrote:
[...]
> > > The mouse is recognized (I see the entry in /var/log/messages) and usbd
> > > is running and forking off a moused (moused -p /dev/ums0 -I
> > > /var/run/...). X is configured to work with sysmouse (and this works
> > > with my other USB mouse), but both on the text console and in X the
> > > pointer doesn't move and buttons don't work.
> >
> > Same here: the usbd detected the mouse, but neither the console
> > pointer(moused) nor the XFree86 responded to the mouse movement.
> >
> I'm working on importing the NetBSD sources (this particular part of the code
> has been out of sync for a while, so it's going to take a bit of time) which
> I believe may fix this problem.  You might want to search the hardware list
> for a small patch by Markus Wild (Fix for Logitech DiNovo cordless mouse)
> that might fix this problem.

Unfortunately, the small patch which checks "!id" doesn't work for me.
Furthermore, I've tried the HID patch attached in:

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2004-June/001632.html

It turns out the merge was not finished yet: a couple of errors/warnings
whilst compiling dev/usb/ums.c(mismatched prototype while invoking
hid_is_collection()).

Great work! I'm looking forward to testing your patch. :)