Missing man-pages

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Sun Jun 20 17:48:54 GMT 2004

Hello,

I need to give a small presentation containing Netgraph, and in reading
through the man-pages I found some of them missing. I hacked together a
small one-liner looking for KLDs/Binaries without man-page

Note: I would be good (IMHO) to have MLINKS for xl->if_xl,
emu10k1->snd_em10k1 ...

% (find /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /boot/kernel -type f -perm +111 | \
sed 's/.ko$//; s/snd_//; s/if_//' | xargs -n1 basename | \
xargs -n1 -J % man -w %) 2>&1 | grep "No manual entry" | \
sed 's/No manual entry for//' | sort

 3dfx
 aac_linux
 ad1816
 ahc_eisa
 ahc_pci
 aout
 apm_saver
 arcnet
 bktr_mem
 blank_saver
 bzip2recover
 c++filt
 callbootd
 cd9660
 cd9660_iconv
 cm
 cmi
 coda
 coda5
 cryptodev
 cs4281
 daemon_saver
 digi
 digi_CX
 digi_CX_PCI
 digi_EPCX
 digi_EPCX_PCI
 digi_Xe
 digi_Xem
 digi_Xr
 dragon_saver
 ds1
 elf2aout
 elink
 es137x
 ess
 fade_saver
 fire_saver
 fm801
 fsck_4.2bsd
 fsck_ufs
 gdbreplay
 geom_apple
 geom_bde
 geom_bsd
 geom_ccd
 geom_fox
 geom_gpt
 geom_mbr
 geom_pc98
 geom_sunlabel
 geom_vol_ffs
 green_saver
 hea_pci
 hfa
 hfa_pci
 ibcs2
 ibcs2_coff
 ic
 ich
 infokey
 init.bak
 ip_mroute
 kernel
 ksu
 lessecho
 lesspipe.sh
 libiconv
 libmbpool
 libmchain
 logo_saver
 maestro
 msdosfs_iconv
 mss
 ncp
 nfsclient
 nfsserver
 ng_eiface
 ng_fec
 ng_gdemux
 ng_sync_ar
 ng_sync_sr
 ngatmbase
 ntfs
 ntfs_iconv
 ntptimeset
 nullfs
 nwfs
 oltr
 pcfclock
 pecoff
 portalfs
 post-grohtml
 pps
 pre-grohtml
 protoize
 raidframe
 rain_saver
 rpc.ypupdated
 s3
 sb16
 sb8
 scsi_low
 smbfs
 smbios
 snake_saver
 solo
 splash_bmp
 splash_pcx
 star_saver
 sunlabel
 sysvmsg
 sysvsem
 sysvshm
 t4dwave
 udf
 udf_iconv
 umapfs
 umct
 unionfs
 via8233
 via82c686
 vibes
 warp_saver

There are of course many false positives, for example the KLD nullfs is
for mount_nullfs which has a manpage. And there are false negatives,
because snd_driver is not documented (but there is driver(9)). In the
end, there are many KLDs and binaries without any manpage. It would be
nice, if the respective maintainers could provide these.

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Get it while it's hot!
PGP Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44