USB2 weirdness (continued)

Luke luked at pobox.com
Fri Jun 18 20:57:17 GMT 2004

> Today I have decided to give EHCI another try.
> This time with SONY "MicroVault" USB mass storage device.
> Well, guess what - it is also not working ;-(

[snip]
> uhub4: cannot open interrupt pipe

I'm certainly no authority on this, but I have been fighting with my own
ehci problems for about a month now and I've dug around in the code a lot.
The current ehci driver does not yet have an interrupt pipe.  It's on the
"to do" list.  (See /sys/dev/usb/ehci.c)
It looks like this device isn't going to work with ehci until somebody
builds an interrupt pipe into the ehci driver.