New AOpen AX4SPE-UN Motherboard fails to boot -CURRENT ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jun 17 21:33:40 GMT 2004

Last system upgrade from CVSup was done on June 11th, so I'm running a new
system.  That aside ...

I've been running an AX4B-533 motherboard for the longest time, but, in
order to make use of an SATA drive I just bought, I figured I'd upgrade
the motherboard instead of buying an interface card ... got the
motherboard, transfer'd all my old components to the new one ... and boot
hangs.

First note ... I didn't have the SATA drive in yet, was still using the
old IDE drives ...

I can get to the BIOS, it recognizes my drives ... it gets to the boot
blocks, where I can hit F1 to go to FreeBSD ... then it just sits there
indefinitely ...

I know that hitting F1 has done something, since the screen scrolls up a
couple of lines, same as when it boots normally, but instead of getting
that 'twirling -' that I would expect, nothing ...

Has anyone had experience with the AX4SPE-UN board?  Is there something
semi-obvious I should be trying?

Thanks ...

----