[current tinderbox] failure on amd64/amd64

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Thu Jun 17 15:28:00 GMT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 15:21, Maxime Henrion wrote:
> It's actually not correct.  The scounters[i] here is of type u_int64_t,
> so long is not the correct format here (longs are 32bit on many 32bit
> architectures such as FreeBSD/i386).  The correct format to use here is
> %llu (long long's are at least 64bit), with a cast to (unsigned long long),
> but most of the time we prefer to use %ju and a cast to uintmax_t.  C99
> also provides macros for fixed-size type formats, and we could thus use
> the PRIu64 macro here, but we don't use them because they're too ugly.
>
> I won't commit a fix because this code is in contrib/ and is maintained
> by Max Laier (see /usr/src/MAINTAINERS).  I'm CC'ing him this mail though.

Thanks and sorry for the delay, really was thinking that I gave the
tinderboxes enough time to speak up before I went to bed. Anyway, just
committed a fix. For pf we use a cast to (unsigned long long) in order to
feed those changes back to OpenBSD (where they have no C99 and thus no
uintmax_t).

Best regards,				| mlaier at freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier at EFnet