Mirroring without Vinum (GEOM?)

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 16 11:32:37 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:03:48AM +0200, Christian Laursen wrote:
+> Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org> writes:
+>
+> > BTW. I'm working on geom_mirror in perforce. It works fine (automatic
+> > part - automatic providers detection, configuration and synchronization).
+> > I'm starting tests tomorrow. There are few thing to implement still.
+>
+> Does it do automatic sync after unclean shutdowns as well?

Yes. Basically it operates on 'syncid' stored in on-disk metadata.
This syncid is bumped on valid disks on first write after disconnect or
failure of any disk, so if disk with lower syncid will be connected
it is automatically synchronized and then activated.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl