Default time zone setting

Garrett Wollman wollman at khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jun 9 15:58:03 GMT 2004

<<On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:20:56 +0000 (UTC), "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> said:

> please do and if you are about UTC can you PLEASE also update the
> somewhat unrelated tzsetup to be able to chose timezones from
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/ (where UTC lives) too ?

tzsetup(8) only offers zones that are listed in zone.tab -- i.e.,
zones that are associated with a state or national region.  If you
want UTC, don't run tzsetup, and delete /etc/localtime if you already
have one.  I don't believe that any of the files in
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc serve a useful purpose.

-GAWollman