panic: spin lock held too long (reasonable load)

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 9 14:27:05 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 09:25 am, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got this about an hour ago, maybe 10 minutes into a 'make world
> -j8' on my SMP system.  I'll reproduce the panic and drop into the
> debugger if possible if someone is willing to tell me what information
> appart from this backtrace will be helpful.

Unfortunately this is a known deadlock that can happen with swapping that
there isn't an easy fix for.  If you want a quick hack, try commenting out
the 'wakeup(&proc0)' line in setrunnable().  It might take a bit longer for
the kernel to swap processes back in but should avoid the deadlock.