snapshot dump hangs

Daniel Eriksson daniel_k_eriksson at telia.com
Wed Jun 9 07:54:01 GMT 2004

Sorry for top-posting, but this is just a "me too" message. CURRENT from
2004-05-30 hangs in the middle of the dump of my /usr partition (and
produces a ton of "DUMP: 99.99% done, finished soon" for / and /var). This
is with "/sbin/dump -0auL".

I tried CURRENT from 2004-06-02 (after the mbuf changes went in), but before
I could get around to try dump the system crashed. I tried a few more times,
but eventually I had to give up on that kernel because it kept crashing
after only a few minutes of operation (and it's a production server, so
downtime is no good and all debugging is turned off). I'm also having
problems with interrupt storms during ATA probing (no matter what recent
kernel I use, and no matter what ACPI & BIOS settings I use), but I'll post
more about that later this week.

/Daniel Eriksson