Can the disklabel(8) link go now?

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 7 10:06:36 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 12:23:13PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> Gang,
>
> I'd like to remove the old compatibility link from bsdlabel(8)
> to disklabel(8).  I think the dust has settled enough to allow
> this to be done now (and before 5.3-RELEASE):

NO.  We've been thru this not that long ago.

We should leave the disklable symlink forever -- it gives us a consistant
command interface across all our platforms.  I've found NetBSD very
anonying in the past that the labeling command has a different name
across different platforms.  The symlink causes no harm.  Why are you on
such a war path to kill it??

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)