comments in the page coloring options in /sys/conf/NOTES

Sun Jun 6 12:23:41 GMT 2004

Hi,

the comments about the page coloring in the VM system seem to talk about
L2/L1 cache size combinations, e.g. PQ_CACHESIZE=512 for a 512k/16k
cache. The comment above the PQ_CACHESIZE line just talks about the size
of the L2 cache.

If it indeed talks about L2/L1 combinations, we should make it explicit.
And what about a 512k/8k combination?

If it just talks about the L2 cache size, what is the meaning of the
second number?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).