What happened to src/sys/dev/sound/midi ?

Conrad Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri Jun 4 18:23:45 GMT 2004

On 04-Jun-2004 Mathew Kanner wrote:

>       In regards to MIDI, I've been posting links to patches for
> about a year now.  I've had relatively little feedback.  I'm not sure if
> the current patches that are posted will compile after some changes to
> infrastructure.

Yes, and I'm one of those who really would have liked to have offered more in
the way of feedback as you were developing this new code, but I really don't
like patching existing kernel sources with new, untested, uncommitted code.
It's just something I'm generally leery about doing.  I was also doubtful that
the patches would even apply cleanly from one build to the next, as I'm running
CURRENT and updating quite frequently.

Sorry for not providing more support for your work, which I am *definitely*
interested in.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> - "In Unix veritas"