HEADS UP: MIDI removal (was: Re: What happened to src/sys/dev/sound/midi ?)

Seigo Tanimura tanimura at tanimura.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 4 15:06:42 GMT 2004

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:24:25 -0600,
  Scott Long <scottl at freebsd.org> said:

scottl> Paul,
scottl> I'm not going to respond to your follow-up nor am I going to reply in
scottl> line as most of your comments are abrasive and inappropriate.  Yes,
scottl> the removal of the MIDI code should have had a HEADS-UP message to the
scottl> mailing list and it should have had an UPDATING entry.  It would have
scottl> even been nicer if the new code had been imported immediatly after
scottl> the old code was removed.  If you would like to help solve this then I
scottl> would suggest contacting Seigo directly and asking what you can do to
scottl> help, rather than showing us all that your caps-lock key works (or
scottl> maybe it was stuck and you need to get it fixed?).

My apologies for the delayed HEADS UP.

In a nutshell, remove midi and seq from your kernel configuration.

--
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura at tanimura.dyndns.org> <tanimura at FreeBSD.org>