fxp(4) device timeouts ACPI related?

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Fri Jun 4 12:39:43 GMT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Andreas Moeller wrote:
> The ACPI updates predating last weekend seem to have broken my fxp(4) card
> (Intel PRO/100 S, Intel 82550 chip). Without disabling ACPI at the loader
> prompt (set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1) I get the consecutive message of the
> device timing out and network is unusable.

Mee too for my dual VIA VT6105 Rhine III 10/100BaseTX vr(4) interfaces.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com