System boots with ACPI enabled now but hangs on reboot

Grover Lines grover at ceribus.net
Thu Jun 3 20:03:17 GMT 2004

Ok well adding hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff=1 Ok well adding that to
loader.conf didn't work but when I manually do a
hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff=1 I get a irq storm with the following output.

Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process vnlru' to stop...stopped Waiting
(max 60 seconds) for system process bufdaemon' to stop... Interupt storm
detected on "irq9: acpi0"; throttling interupt source stopped Waiting (max
60 seconds) for system process syncer' to stop...stopped

Synching disks, buffers remaining... 20 20 9 9 Done
Uptime: 6m9s

Hangs.......