ata(4) locks up system when ejecting acd

Brian Feldman green at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 3 03:56:19 GMT 2004

That's pretty much all there is to it.  The entire system locks up
immediately when I rip a CD with grip on /dev/acd0, eject, and hit
the eject button in grip with the CD tray open.  There are no other
drives in use on the controller that the acd(4) in question is on.

The acd(4) devices in general are just completely unstable whenever I
try to use them.  The SCSI "emulation" cd(4) devices never have these
problems.

  <> green at FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \