[HEADS-UP] mbuma is in the tree

Bosko Milekic bmilekic at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 1 17:20:08 PDT 2004

Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
>  Bosko,

>Have you done any performance tests? How this new allocator affects
>network performance?

   Yes.  Please consult the paper.

   http://www.unixdaemons.com/~bmilekic/netbuf_bmilekic.pdf

   Better setups, notably better hardware, are welcome.

>How stable is it? :) Yesterday I was planning to upgrade CURRENT on
>my production router. Should I do it?

A) -CURRENT is doing a lot better these days and in order to support
   its development and improvement further you are encouraged to put
   it in loaded environments, as well as provide valuable
   debugging information.

B) Your idea of putting -CURRENT on your production router yesterday
   made me run to the shed and cover my eyes and ears in fear and
   agony of the bleeding-edge.

   If you wish to put -CURRENT into production, please go to page 57
   (option A), otherwise page 2342 (option B).

Cheers,
Bosko.