USB Epson Stylus CX-5400

Chris chris at tellme3times.com
Fri Jul 23 18:02:46 PDT 2004

I just received an Epson Stylus CX-5400. I got CUPS running without any
issues but unfortunately I cannot get the scanner to work. I only found
one other ref to this scanner/printer on the mailing lists any help
would be appreciated.

I only see one device attached to the usb which is the printer.

FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC
---dmesg----
ohci1: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem 0xde000000-0xde000fff irq 21 at
device 3.1 on pci0
usb1: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb1: <SiS 5571 USB controller> on ohci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1: SiS OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ulpt0: EPSON USB MFP, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

should I not also see uscanner for this device?

Chris