today's CURRENT lockups

Thorsten Greiner thorsten at tgreiner.net
Mon Jul 5 07:09:22 PDT 2004

* Thorsten Greiner <thorsten at tgreiner.net> [2004-07-05 16:05]:
> It seems the lockups are correlated with heavy network and disk
> activity, the box was running 'cvsup' at the moment of the lockup.
>
> It is now running with 'debug.nosleepwithlocks=1' and I performed
> two cvsup's without problems.

Just a few minutes after I wrote the above, the box locked up again
while browsing with firefox. It seems neither disk activity nor the
sysctl mentioned above is related to these hangs.

Cheers
        -Thorsten

--
People who claim they don't let little things bother them have never
slept in a room with a single mosquito.

This message is digitally signed. To verify its integrity, download a copy
of GnuPG for your operating system from http://www.gnupg.org .