ps -e not outputing environment in -CURRENT?

Tim Robbins tjr at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 1 21:14:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 11:56:43AM +0800, Xin LI wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> It seems that ps -e has lost its functionality or its behavior has
> been changed between 4-STABLE and 5-CURRENT, or I have did something
> incorrect?
[...]
> Is this intentional?

This is documented, but not very well:

     The process file system (see procfs(5)) should be mounted when ps is exe-
     cuted, otherwise not all information will be available.

As far as I'm aware, this only affects the -e option and possibly the
displaying of argument lists too long to fit into the kernel's argument cache.

See PR 54604 for a fix from pjd@ for ps -e that has not been committed yet.

Tim