max blockdevice/filesystem size?

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-current at webteckies.org
Fri Jan 30 16:43:53 PST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 12:50, Oliver Brandmueller wrote:

> maybe I'm just blind, then give me a pointer.
>
> Since the information in the FAQ seems rather outdated, can someone tell
> me, what the maximum size of a UFS2/ffs filesystem is with FreeBSD 5.2?
> I'm looking for practical values. Something like: OK, we hit the max
> size of a SCSI device, so we use some more of them and vinum. How much
> TB would work in a single FS?

See this thread for detailed information:
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2004-January/thread.html#19314
--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Wed Jan 28
18:01:18 CET 2004
root at sarevok.lan.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG
i386