API to turn off the display

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-current at webteckies.org
Fri Jan 30 16:24:15 PST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 01:50, James Green wrote:

> It should work in both. (I run X via both gdm and startx) It will also
> work from the console when X is not running as the xset commands just
> timeout. The DPMS calls stop it from screwing up your display in X.
>
> Try 'xset dpms force off' as the user you are logged in as (i.e. not
> root) If that does not turn off the display but blanks it, you probably
> need to look at drivers for Xfree that fully support DPMS for your card.

It does nothing at all and the card is NVidia GeForce 4200 Go. I had to tweak
the settings for this alternate resolution also, and exiting X also creates a
screwed up console with vertical lines.

I've tested the snapshot about a month ago with the same results, so I'll
follow this up with the XFree86 guys.

--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.idg.nl 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Wed Jan 28 18:01:18
CET 2004
root at sarevok.lan.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG
i386