getenv_string broken?

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Tue Jan 27 22:28:36 PST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 12:42 am, Nate Lawson wrote:
> > I have a getenv_string() that is never being evaluated.  I declared it as
> > follows:
> >
> > static char acpi_os_name[128];
> > TUNABLE_STR("hw.acpi.os_name", acpi_os_name, sizeof(acpi_os_name));
> >
> > The contents of acpi_os_name are never filled in from the variable I
> > declared in /boot/loader.conf. Just to be sure, I made a loop that prints
> > out the contents of kenvp.  It does not have hw.acpi.os_name.
> >
> > Here is a snippet of the kenvp array, right where my tunable should be
> > (os2 is from a test below):
> >
> > name: hint.vt.0.disabled=1
> > name: hw.acpi.os2=8
> > name: hw.acpi.reset_video=0
> > name: hw.acpi.verbose=1
> > name: hw.cbb.start_memory=0xc0203000
> >
> > For another test, I declared a tunable int right below the string, in the
> > same source file.  It gets evaluated and assigned.
> >
> > static int acpi_os2 = 2;
> > TUNABLE_INT("hw.acpi.os2", &acpi_os2);
>
> What is in your /boot/loader.conf?

Note that os2 works correctly (see the "name printf above).  But the one
right before it, os_name, is not present.

hw.acpi.verbose=1
hw.cbb.start_memory=0xc0203000
#
hw.acpi.os_name="Windows"
hw.acpi.os2="8"
acpi_dsdt_load="YES"
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/DSDT.aml"
debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_PROCESSOR"
debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_VERBOSE ACPI_LV_INFO"
#debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_ALL_DRIVERS ACPI_ALL_COMPONENTS"
#debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_ERROR"
hw.acpi.reset_video=0
#
beastie_disable=YES