bluetooth blues

Maksim Yevmenkin m_evmenkin at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 09:35:02 PST 2004

Randy,

> if i try to do something with bluetooth, even just rc.bluetooth,
> after a suspend/resume, the system locks up and then reboots.  i
> suspect is is usb in general.

perhaps usb is not the problem? do other usb devices show the
same problem or it just bluetooth usb devices? do you suspend
your laptop with bluetooth device attached and active stack?

could you please try the following:

1) reboot your laptop
2) attach bluetooth device and execute rc.bluetooth start <device>
3) verify that bluetooth works, i.e. try inquiry, l2ping etc.
4) stop the stack, i.e. execute rc.bluetooth stop <device>
5) suspend
6) resume
7) look into /var/log/messages (just to see if you got something
   related to the bluetooth device)
8) start the stack, i.e. execute rc.bluetooth start <device>

if this does not crash then i would assume that it is my problem
and not usb fault.

thanks,
max