nss_winbind support

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Mon Jan 26 13:41:19 PST 2004

In the immortal words of "Will Saxon" <WillS at housing.ufl.edu>...
> Is samba 3's winbind nss module known to work under 5.2-RELEASE at
> this time? I am having not having any success with it at all, I can
> join the domain and enumerate users/groups in ADS 'mode' but I can't
> seem to assign permissions with domain accounts, etc.

I'm glad someone has.  Did you use the ports or install from source?

I've spent several weeks (on and off) trying to get ADS support in samba
3 and it's driving me up the wall.

have installed heimdal from ports, and build samba with
KRB5_HOME=/usr/local but any reference to net ads gives me "ADS support
not compiled in"

> I may have just missed it but there doesn't seem to be a lot of
> information available on how to set Samba 3 up under FreeBSD 5.x to
> use nss_winbind and pam_winbind. What information I have found doesn't
> seem to work, maybe because it focuses on joining the domain as an
> NT-style domain member vs. Active Directory-style membership.

Sorry I can't help with this one, still working it out myself.

I have had it working previously with rpc but not ads.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au>