hidden system usage and mouse interrupts

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Fri Jan 23 04:21:59 PST 2004

On Friday 23 January 2004 12:55, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> cvsupped this morning (~8.00 UTC) and made world/kernel as usual
> (4BSD_SCHED).
>
> systat shows me pulsing Sys-usage of 13/25%. Every 4 Seconds, the complete
> system "holds" for half a second. No mouse movement, keyboard delay, no
> sound.
> Also pcm seems to be broken for me.

Ok, I found that artsd (the kde sound server) was restarting itself every 4
seconds, so this caused the system interrupt (how by the way) and after
disabling it the system behaves normally again.
But I think this all is my fault because noatun can't find the required
libvorbis any more and is causing artsd to fail.

Xmms is still working fine with pcm, so I think everything is fine.

SOrry for the noise,

-Harry