Shuttle SB75G2

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue Jan 20 07:12:08 PST 2004

John Kennedy wrote:

>  Sitting at the BIOS, CPU is ~38 degrees Celsius and system is 31.  Not
>quite sure which one ACPI is getting, but seems closer to system.  In any
>case, temperature measurement goes from 3002 to 3202 before freezing (10
>second increments), or about 27.05 Celsius (300.2 Kelvin) thru 47.05
>Celsius (320.2).
>
>  The system looks like it thinks high temp kicks in at 68 Celsius.
>
>  At the moment, I can't lay my hands on any CPU documentation that says
>what the optimal temperature range is.

I think for most Intel CPU's, they say 100C is the max cpu core temp.
About 70C is "average to heavy usage".

>	Tue Jan 20 06:03:35 GMT 2004
>	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 3202
>	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
>	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
>	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 3632
>	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
>	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 3732
>	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: 3582 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

Assuming the PSV means passive cooling marker, the CRT means critical
temp mark, and AC is active cooling marker, I don't have any idea what
HOT is - so:
Passive cooling up till 3632, or 90C
Active cooling until 3582, or 85C
Critical state at 3732, or 100C

The active/passive numbers look switched to me - unless I've
misinterpreted the abbreviations (most likely).

Eric