allow_unsupported_io_range

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jan 17 14:08:27 PST 2004

In message: <20040117.133410.17267747.imp at bsdimp.com>
            "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
: In message: <20040117141129.GA28446 at users.altadena.net>
:             Pete Carah <pete at altadena.net> writes:
: : Someone removed (or changed) "hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range".  This breaks
: : LOTS of laptops, in particular the pccard hardware.  Causes a hang after
: : init is started...
:
: That was me.  Before, we handled bridges incorrectly.  I did add one
: item to the allocation stuff.  We now have a higher chance of
: collision of resources, which causes the problems.

I've committed some code that restores the old resource allocation
scheme to pci_pci.c.  The new one will be needed for the lazy resource
allocation patches I'm working on, but I'll resolve those issues.

Warner