Last nights current killed totem

Brendon and Wendy wendy.humphrey at comcast.net
Sat Jan 17 11:17:41 PST 2004

Dear List,

Last night I built world/kernel wit 5.2-current cvsupped at 0400 PDT.

For some reason or other this build seems snappier than a recent
current. Nice.

However, I've noticed that running totem (gnome media player) now locks
the machine hard. I dont know if it was the kernel or the threading
libraries, or perhaps some other change that caused this. xmms still
works, haven't tried mplayer or xine (what totem is based on). Will
later.

I do use the NVIDIA drivers, but that is nothing new for me, so
shouldn't have necessarily influenced this.

I would have been using the default thread library (whatever that is)
due to empty libmap.conf file.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Brendon