acpi S4 resume partition

toxa at cterra.ru toxa at cterra.ru
Wed Jan 14 10:35:37 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:02:27PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2004 12:47, toxa wrote:
> However there is no support in FreeBSD for suspending to disk so you are out
> of luck..
>
> In theory your BIOS could support S4BIOS which means it does most of the work,
> but I don't think anyone has ever had that work either.
>
> --

Does it means that all I can do is to try to get S3 (suspend to ram) state to work without any chance fot suspending to disk?
By the way S3 put machine into the sleep with red-blinking power led (i think it's abnormal), and when I power it on led turns on back and shows me command line but mackine freezes.

--

Anton Karpov
  icq: 845923
email: toxa at cterra.ru
  www: http://www.toxahost.org

It just happens to be very selective
about who it decides to make friends with.
                            /* no comment */