FreeBSD CVS Question

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Jan 13 15:48:10 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:42:35PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Garance A Drosihn, and lo! it spake thus:

> What I did was install the freebsd port named 'cvsup-mirror' on
> one of my freebsd machines.  That port turns my machine into a
> cvsup-server machine.  I customized it a bit, so I do not
> mirror things like FreeBSD-www FreeBSD-gnats and FreeBSD-mail.

I did that also, and just call the 'update' script manually (rather than
through cron) "whenever I feel like it", which usually come out to "right
before I go to bed, every few nights".  Then I use cvs on this box, or
cvsup from other boxes on the LAN.  And, as a bonus, I get all the
history and such right at my fingertips, which is nice.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net