FreeBSD 5.x performance tips (ISC)

Christian Brueffer chris at unixpages.org
Tue Jan 13 11:48:08 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 11:13:28AM -0800, Peter Losher wrote:

[...]
> > For a little performance boost, try the ZERO_COPY_SOCKETS and
> > ADAPTIVE_MUTEXES combo in your kernel config. It Works Here (TM). :)
>
> Are you using ADAPTIVE_MUTEXES in a SMP-aware kernel?  Googling on the term
> showed some lockup issues at boot with it.  (and I assume you are still using
> the 4BSD scheduler?)

[...]

I'm using ADAPTIVE_MUTEXES on an SMP system for some months now.  Haven't
noticed any problems so far.
The system is a dual Athlon XP 1800 with Asus A7M266 board.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc