Status reports - why not regularly?

Matteo Riondato rionda at gufi.org
Tue Jan 13 05:48:29 PST 2004

Il Mar, 2004-01-13 alle 14:34, Tig ha scritto:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:25:33 +0100
> Matteo Riondato <rionda at gufi.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry but I cannot understand your point
>
> My point was you do not need to understand 'everything' to write a
> report. You just need to record what is going on, with enough
> information for people to see who is doing what and where.

Yes, that can be true, but what if i cannot understand _anything_ about
VM or IPsec development ? I have to ask the developer. And what about
projects that are not in the tree such as KGI? I have to ask the
developer about the status of his project. So writing a status report
becomes a work of both users and developers.
Writing a status report doesn't mean only "write about the state of the
project as it is now" but also "write about what's going to change in
the project in the next 2-3 months" and this is something that
developers know but normal current users ignore, although they can give
suggestions about what they would like to see in the system and they can
send patches to see what-they-would-like-to-see-in-the-system been
included in the system. (I hope I made myself understandable).
I'll be glad to help writing the Status Report, if someone else help me
:)
Regards
--
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato