can't exec /usr/libexec/getty for /dev/ttyv1

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Fri Jan 9 05:31:03 PST 2004

Hi,

I just did a cvsup and rebuilt the world, and when I reboot,
I get lots of the following error messages:

init: can't exec getty `/usr/libexec/getty` for /dev/ttyv1: No souch file or directory
init: can't exec getty `/usr/libexec/getty` for /dev/ttyv2: No souch file or directory
[and so on]

These messages are the same as the ones mentioned here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2003-November/013636.html

The problem looks like it is in userland, because if I try booting
from a kernel from a few days ago, I get the same error message.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

--
Craig Rodrigues