PCI Dual Port Serial Card

Crist J. Clark cristjc at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 10:39:43 PST 2004

I've got a StarTech.com two port PCI card, 16C950, which is seems to
be a rebranded Oxford Semiconductor OX16PCI954 PCI UART, listed as
supported in the release notes for 5.1. The system in question is
5.1-p10.

I've compiled the puc(4) driver into the kernel, and the dmesg(8)
looks like so,

  sio0: <Oxford Semiconductor PCI Dual Port Serial> port 0xdf40-0xdf5f,0xdf60-0xdf67 mem 0xfeacd000-0feacdfff,0xfeace000,0xfeacefff irq 3 at device 12.0 on pci2
  sio0: moving to sio1
  sio1: type 16550A

One of the ports in the card works fine as sio1, as does the built-in
serial port, sio0, but the second port in the card doesn't show up
anywhere.

What do I need to do to get the system to find the second port on the
card?
Crist J. Clark                     |     cjclark at alum.mit.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~cjc/    |     cjc at freebsd.org