5.2-RC oerrs and collisions on dc0

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sat Jan 3 20:32:18 PST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Dejan Lesjak wrote:

> Hello again,
> With this line commented out, I still get both errors and collisions, twice as
> much collisions as errors. On another occasion, I also added two printf lines
> in here:
>                         if (txstat & DC_TXSTAT_EXCESSCOLL)
>                                 ifp->if_collisions++;
> 				printf("EXCESSCOLL\n");
>                         if (txstat & DC_TXSTAT_LATECOLL)
>                                 ifp->if_collisions++;
> 				printf("LATECOLL\n");
> and I constantly get both of those, so this would be where counters go up if
> this helps in any way.
>
> Dejan

It certainly looks like you're experiencing a real problem then.  If
fiddling with the duplex settings hasn't fixed it and you've replaced the
cable, then I would guess that we may have a driver problem.  You may wish
to try one of the following:

1)  Replace the card with a different dc-supported card and see if the
problem resolves itself.

2)  Stick one of those cheap 5-port switches between the card and the
switch you're currently attaching to.

I'm going to be out of town for the next few days, so I'll be unable to
help you debug further.  If you can try those two tests and find out the
results, perhaps someone else can help you poke at the MII driver and see
if something is broken for your specific card.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack