[PLEASE TEST] getserv* nsswitch patch

Michael Bushkov bushman at rsu.ru
Wed Aug 25 23:50:22 PDT 2004

Hello!
I think the best way to solve the problems with getserv* functions is to
implement them via nsdispatch. It gives an ability to plug in any
appropriate functionality later.
I've attached the patch to libc, which does it (It should be applied to
files in src/lib/libc/net) It implements nis, files and compat sources.
Any other source can be plugged dynamically as nsswitch module.
Later I can implement any other pluggable module.
Besides, there is a lookupd, which can be plugged into the
nsswitch system too.

Thanks,
Michael