Problems with fdc0 w/Athlon and via chipset. Floppy isn't recognized.

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Aug 24 06:22:42 PDT 2004

Quoting "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com>:

> In message: <20040822194550.L94593 at carver.gumbysoft.com>
>             Doug White <dwhite at gumbysoft.com> writes:
> : On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Edwin Culp wrote:
<CUT>
> : Your BIOS writer is on crack. I think Nate was working on a hack to glue
> : the ranges together to work around this.
>
> Actually, Nate's hack doesn't glue things together like this.  I have
> a preliminary patch ready for this problem before phk committed the
> rewrite of fdc, which I need to merge into the current fdc.
>
> Warner

Thanks, Warner.   I can confirm that with today's cvsup and build
and with my BIOS writer on crack:), I'm still seeing the same:

fdc0: <floppy drive controller> port
0x3f7,0x3f4-0x3f5,0x3f2-0x3f3 irq 6 drq 2 on acpi0
fdc0: does not respond
device_attach: fdc0 attach returned 6

Thanks again,

ed