Alpha is seriously broken
kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Aug 20 12:17:47 PDT 2004
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 08:48:45PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> My sincere sympathies to Ken.
Since at least of you seem so (morbidly?) interested... :-)
This is in progress on beast at the moment, dunno if it'll work out
yet but ...
- copied /sbin/init.bak to /sbin/init
- created /h/kensmith (after cleaning the crash dumps out
- copied the base directory for 5.2.1 from ftp-master,
unpacked it in /h/kensmith
- copied /usr/src from beast to /h/kensmith/usr/src
- backed out latest change to crt1.c as suggested
- chroot to /h/kensmith
- mount -t devfs devfs /dev
- cd usr/src
- make buildworld
If that succeeds I'll arrange for the results to look like beast's
real /usr/obj, copy the make executable from /h/kensmith/usr/bin
to /usr/bin, and give 'make installworld' in beast's /usr/src a try.
Thoughts? Bets? More sympathies?
- From there to here, from here to | kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
there, funny things are everywhere. |
- Theodore Geisel |
More information about the freebsd-current