pcm timeout (debug output from snd_ich driver)

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmx.net
Thu Aug 19 05:40:34 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 02:24, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> OK, I enabled debug output in the sound driver in the hopes of finding
> out a little bit more about what's going on with these insufferable pcm
> timeouts using the snd_ich driver.

Could this be related to the problems I reported in
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-August/034386.html
about high interrupt load with snd_ich?

While I don't have instant access to this laptop any longer, I got
another report about snd_ich/SiS7012 uses 8% cpu (which I still consider
way too much).
I probably can get debugging information from the 20% laptop, if that
would help. But I need rather explicit information what to do in this
case (as I need to communicate that instructions to the laptop's owner).

Best regards,
--
Andreas