New nvidia drivers available

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Sun Aug 15 10:02:29 PDT 2004

On 2004-08-15 at 17:00:56 Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> I thought that static constructor invocation was deterministic based
> on link order.  Does the C++ spec really indicate that the order of
> construction can be random?

The spec only says "implementation-defined" and "not guaranteed" (see
section 3.6.2, point 3 of the ISO C++ spec), so you're on your own, it
seems. :)  See also:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ctors.html#faq-10.11
([10.11] What's the "static initialization order fiasco"?)

Of course, in most cases, any static constructors will be called in
the order that you link them in.  But there's no guarantee
whatsoever...