boot loader crashes

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Thu Aug 12 11:11:58 PDT 2004

I updated a machine with ABIT VP6 (dual S370) motherboard from -CURRENT
in May to recent -CURRENT and since then the boot crashes with a message
which is visible for only a fraction of a second until the BIOS message
shows again. This is reproduceable with recent CD's. I´m able to boot
the system using 5.2.1 release CD and then just switching over to the HD.

The bootloader seems to gone through multiple changes so I couldn´t
immediately locate a place which could be at fault.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, I would hate to have to
ditch the board.

Pete