Compiler segmentation fault in 5-08 -CURRENT

Terrence Koeman root at mediamonks.net
Tue Aug 10 07:07:08 PDT 2004

It doesn't seem hardware related. Before the update I had no problems with
segmentation faults, and the system can take heavy load just fine.

I tried to compile the following hello world program:

#include<stdio.h>

int main()
{
   printf("Hello World\n");
   return 0;
}

The result is:

terrence at dhammapada.mediamonks.net:~$ cc -o helloworld helloworld.c
helloworld.c: In function `main':
helloworld.c:4: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Is there perhaps a way to copy over the compiler from a working (older)
-CURRENT system and build a new world with it to see if it's fixed in cvs?

--
Regards,
Terrence Koeman

MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.com)
Please quote all replies in correspondence.