cvs commit: src/sys/amd64/amd64 mp_machdep.c

Andrew Lankford andrew.lankford at verizon.net
Fri Aug 6 21:16:23 PDT 2004

>Hmm.  I was able to build an amd64 SMP kernel and an amd64
> UP kernel on sledge.freebsd.org following the last batch
>of commits.  Could you confirm your source is in sync: in
> particular, sys/amd64/amd64/mem.c is revision
>1.120, and sys/conf/files.amd64 is revision 1.44?  In my >local source snapshot, M_DECLARE(M_MEMDESC) appears in
>memrange.h, and the M_DEFINE(M_MEMDESC, ...) is in mem.c.

Yes, yes, and yes, assuming you meant "MALLOC_DEFINE"
instead of "M_DEFINE",etc .  I just uncommented "device mem"
and "device io" from my kernel config and the kernel built
and installed ok, along with mem.ko (even though I can't see
 what purpose itt would serve when it's already compiled in
 statically).

Once again, I'll attach the kernel config file that caused
buildkernel to stop and complain.

Andrew Lankford

robert at fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research