PPP(was: oE) problems with latest -CURRENT

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Aug 1 05:20:37 PDT 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Maxim Maximov wrote:

> Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 01:45:13PM +0400, Maxim Maximov wrote:
> > M> 	My ppp.conf haven't been changed from the time this machine have
> > M> FreeBSD installed. Password configured is the same that I'm successfuly
> > M> using now with rp-pppoe.
> >
> > If you suspect ng_pppoe, than please backout ng_pppoe.c to rev 1.65,
> > ng_pppoe.h to 1.19. Install backed out ng_pppoe.h, rebuild and reinstall
> > both ppp(8) and ng_pppoe(4). Try this and reply whether it works or not.
> >

> 	Well, it definitely works. Notice "Warning: deflink: Reducing
> configured MRU from 1500 to 1492" which didnt show up in previous logs.
> 	Also I had to backout ppp/ether.c to r1.27

this is a PPP only problem. I haven't read all the logs from all your
mails but if someone could send me a trace file (written with tcpdump
-w) it would make it a lot easier to check what's going wrong in LCP
negotiation.

Just to make sure. This is NOT a PPPoE problem. PPPoE seems to work
pretty fine, else you wouldn't be able to start PPP LCP negotiation.

--
Greetings