LOR web page

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Apr 30 11:35:40 PDT 2004

On 4/30/2004 12:42 PM, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> being one of the first persons who had asked for such a page some time
> back last year I - do not know why but sporadically - put up a web page
> with the last 6 LORs reported I could find (inluding the FAQ one ;-)
>
> The page is at
>
> 	http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor.html
>
> and will be updated once in a while (see table footer for more info on
> this). You may link to it in mailing list posting etc but please do NOT
> put a link to it in the source code.
>
> If anyone feels that it's his job or want to integrate it
> into the official freebsd docs please take the data from the page,
> drop me a note and I will link to your site.

Good work -- that looks better than what I was working on.  A few things:
1) Don't you think the LORs should be displayed from newest to oldest on
the page?  As in, the (newest) LOR with the highest ID number would be
displayed at the top of the page.  This seems to make more sense to me.
  This would make the current #1 be #6.
2) You should probably mention that line numbers may vary slightly (due
to further commits).
3) Why not put links to the threaded view as well?  Granted, for just
one message it might not be all that useful.  To get the threaded view,
click the (Messages sorted by) thread link.  For LOR #4 this would be
these two links:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-April/025382.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-April/thread.html#25382

Thanks for the doing this!  I was trying to figure out how to format
mine, but last week my users decided it was necessary to open a
suspicious attachment again...  It's amazing how people will spend tons
of money on antivirus software but refuse to exercise common sense.

If you want, I'll help you keep this up to date.  Contact docs@ to see
about putting it up on the main FreeBSD site.  I'm not sure where it
should go, but I'm sure they can figure it out.

I'm glad someone around here gets things done ;-),
Jon