Don't recognizes Realtek 8139

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Fri Apr 30 09:01:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 07:22, TooManySecrets wrote:
> El jue, 29-04-2004 a las 12:11, Gavin Atkinson escribió:
> > Can you give the output of "pciconf -lv" and a verbose dmesg (the output
> > of the dmesg command after selecting "Boot FreeBSD with verbose ligging"
> > from the boot menu)? If you still have linux installed on it, the output
> > of "lspci -v", or the equivelent under openbsd would be very useful...
>
> OK, here it is a dmesg with a "verbose boot" (with ACPI disabled at
> boot), and after the "pciconf -lv".

This is interesting - looking at
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/archive-third/msg01413.html it appears
that the Realtek card should appear as PCI device 0:7:0, but sure enough
you don't seem to have anything on that address. Are you sure it's not
disabled in the bios or anything? It is possible that even with it
disabled, other operating systems could detect it, depending on how the
BIOS disables it.

It is perhaps slightly interesting that the PCI link config seems to
confirm that there should be a device at 0:7:0

\\_SB_.PCI0.LNKH irq  11: [  4  7 10 11] low,level,sharable 0.3.3
\\_SB_.PCI0.LNKD irq  11: [  4  7 10 11] low,level,sharable 0.7.0
\\_SB_.PCI0.LNKA irq  11: [  4  7 10 11] low,level,sharable 0.9.0

You could always add printf's to pci_add_children(), pci_read_revice()
and pci_add_child() in /usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c to find out what is
happening, but I'm not sure if you'd achieve much - there's very little
that can be happening there. Either pci_read_device() fails or maybe the
device_add_child() call from pci_add_child() fails.

Either way, I'm not really sure where to go from there...

Gavin