Don't recognizes Realtek 8139

TooManySecrets toomany at toomany.net
Thu Apr 29 02:43:00 PDT 2004

Hi.

I have a laptop Acer Aspire 1605LC. That machine has a Realtek 8139
ethernet, recognized by any Linux (with boot option "noapic" and
"nolapic"), windoze and OpenBSD 3.4 and future 3.5.
If I install a 5-CURRENT from current.iso, recompile entire system (with
kernel also, of course), and reboot, the Realtek doesn't appear by "any
site". If I execute a "pciconf -lv", the Realtek is like doesn't
existed; doesn't appear.

The technical machine description is here:
http://www.acer.es/acereuro/page9.do?dau34.oid=2348&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=14&ctx1=ES&crc=1961647713

I'm relative newbie, and I don't understand why a *BSD like OpenBSD
recognice the pci of Realtek, and FreeBSD doesn't.

Please, anybody can help me please?
I will apologize about my bad english... :-(

Thank you in advance.

--
Have a nice day  ;-)               "@'/ ,. \'@"